How did you and your partner meet?
- We met at church during a retreat where we were in the same group. However, we didn't get close until years later after a fateful facebook status discussing an important decision. "question i ask myself everytime im on campus is, do i one-strap it or two-strap it?"
How did he/she propose?
- This happened during the time PokemonGo was big and Daniel asked me if I would like to go Pokemon hunting at a local park. Of course I was down because I needed to catch 'em all! While crossing a bridge, Daniel popped the question and the rest is history.
Tell me about the vision you had for your engagement session.
- I wanted the engagement session to show our intimacy but I knew it would be a challenge because neither of us are good in front of a camera. I just wanted to avoid being like Chandler from Friends.
What locations did you choose for the shoot? Why?
- We chose a coffee shop called Copa Vida in Pasadena and Pasadena City Hall. We decided on the coffee shop because we wanted it to have a date-like vibe. Pasadena City Hall was recommended by Czar and I'm so glad we went there. The location was beautiful and worked well with our modern look!
What was your favorite part of the engagement session?
- We really enjoyed simply being intimate with one another intentionally, even if it was to pose for pictures. It was also fun being silly to make each other laugh.
Do you have any wedding planning advice for newly engaged couples?
- Set aside quality time for one another even in the midst of all the craziness. Also, communication and compromise goes a long way!